A new patent search tool was launched this month called Patent Monkey, and it's worth checking out. Started in part by former USPTO examiner Paul Graham, the search engine has a pretty interesting interface that I think works well. Features include:
- Fully searchable US patent text database
- Front page navigation with user-selectable Claims, Abstract or Description section in quick view window
- Patent status is presented on each patent page so you know which ones are abandoned and expired
- Create, save and share lists of patents (folders) with your colleagues via the web as well as on blogs
- Download any single patent PDF for free or bulk download PDFs from a folder as a time saving upgrade
Search on Patent Monkey here.