Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Update From the 271 Patent Blog

Many readers have been wondering what happened to the blog, as I have not posted anything for the last month. The short answer is that the blog is alive and well and postings will resume shortly.

So what happened? Well, the longer answer is a bit more complicated.

Around Labor Day, doctors found masses in my body, and I underwent surgery to remove them. About a week later, the doctors confirmed that the masses were cancerous. Thereafter, I began a regimen of radiation therapy, which continued until last week. I am currently in the process of recovering from the therapy, and I anticipate being my normal self very soon.

That being said, I consider myself quite lucky. The cancer was caught in a very early stage, and the doctors anticipate that I will make a full and complete recovery. Tests showed that there was no metastization of the cancer, and, as of this moment, I am cancer-free. I am also blessed to have many supportive friends/co-workers/colleagues (and, dare I say, concerned readers) that helped me and my family through this difficult time. I can't thank you enough for your thoughts and prayers.

- Peter

8 Comentários:

Anonymous said...

I wish you the very best. I recently lost my father to cancer and understand what you're going through. I hope you make a full recovery.

Anonymous said...

I wish you a full recovery. My father had colon cancer a few years ago - by luck, they caught it very very early (he went for his colonoscopy one year early by accident - i.e. there was a clerical error). My dad has been cancer free now for 3 years. I wish you health and success.
PS - I am an Israeli patent attorney who is a BIG fan of your blog. We will pray for you over here in the Holy Land.

Anonymous said...

Get well soon! Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Jeff

Step Back said...

Peter,
Thank you for the update. The prayers of all your loyal readers are with you.

(I too have had a bout with cancer and a close family member is battling a vicious one at present. So I know fully well the trauma you have recently gone through.)

Experiences like these are all the more reason why everyone should support the patent system and the inventors who profoundly change our everyday lives.

Imagine if the MRI had not been invented or if the inventor had been dissuaded by all the nay-sayers. Imagine if those who are opposed to patenting of medical surgical techniques had had their way. We don't realize how crucial some inventions are until our very lives depend on those inventions.

Anonymous said...

I wish you the best. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

toy-san said...

Welcome back and Get well Soon!!
(from a Japanese reader)

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. The blog is great and thousands of IP attorneys depend on it.

Anonymous said...

Great to have you back Peter.

Powered By Blogger

DISCLAIMER

This Blog/Web Site ("Blog") is for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. Use of the Blog does not create any attorney-client relationship between you and Peter Zura or his firm. Persons requiring legal advice should contact a licensed attorney in your state. Any comment posted on the Blog can be read by any Blog visitor; do not post confidential or sensitive information. Any links from another site to the Blog are beyond the control of Peter Zura and does not convey his, or his past or present employer(s) approval, support, endorsement or any relationship to any site or organization.

The 271 Patent Blog © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO