Sunday, February 24, 2008

Unmasked: The Patent Troll Tracker Steps Forward

Less than 6 months after having a bounty placed on his identity (recently upped to $15k) by Ray Niro, the Patent Troll Tracker has stepped forward and revealed himself - he is none other than Rick Frenkel, Director of Intellectual Property at Cisco Systems, Inc. (see his LinkedIn profile here).

According to Rick:

I got an anonymous email, from the guy who probably collected the bounty, telling me I better tell everyone who I am (and he clearly knew), or else he would take care of it for me. The clear threat in the email is that he would do it in a way I wouldn't be happy about. I don't know what that means, but as I have been growing weary of anonymity anyway, here I am.
View his "coming out" post here (link).

Seja o primeiro a comentar

Powered By Blogger

DISCLAIMER

This Blog/Web Site ("Blog") is for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. Use of the Blog does not create any attorney-client relationship between you and Peter Zura or his firm. Persons requiring legal advice should contact a licensed attorney in your state. Any comment posted on the Blog can be read by any Blog visitor; do not post confidential or sensitive information. Any links from another site to the Blog are beyond the control of Peter Zura and does not convey his, or his past or present employer(s) approval, support, endorsement or any relationship to any site or organization.

The 271 Patent Blog © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO